Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 3 of Switzerland

The lovely lady in the tourist info informed that in Switzerland "when it rains the Swiss; we like to go on boats".
So today it rained, therefore I decided I go out on a boat!
Firstly I set out on a train to Kreuzlingen on the lake. It started off drizzling and by the time I got there it was pouring. I saw the town and then went down to the waterfront.

Alongside it was a massive park complete with a zoo and playground. Not as much fun in the rain by I scored with a fantastic structure on the edge of the park and the lake that was dry and had views! I went up there and had a picnic lunch, met a nice Swiss woman who told me all about her life and then ventured out into the rain again. By now it was freezing so I found a conveniently located cafe and indulged in a hot chocolate.

And then it was time for the boat! I braved the up top which was covered and if you sat in the middle you didn't get wet. The trip was lovely, took 4 hours and we gently cruised down stopping at villages along the way.

Eventually the smokers drove me inside. But by then most of tourists left so I could have a quiet drink.

Sadly we got back to Schaffhausen all too soon but for dinner I had my first Asian food in forever complete with a nice bottle of wine (no one panic I didn't drink the whole thing). The Thai was brilliant! Ah I miss Asian food.

Waiting area for the boats
Steps down off my picnic lunch structure
View down to the lake
Hot chocolate to warm me up
Villages on the lake
Schaffhausen red wine, pinot noir
Thai and wine for dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment